PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a double jogging stroller? Any advice?

brownay2
11-06-2003, 07:32 AM
nay Hello to everyone this morning!
I am in search of a double jogging stroller at the time that I will be using it I will be having our baby boy in Feb. and my girl will be 18 months. I have looked alot on the internet trying to find one but I am stumped. Alot of them are not for a newborn, only for when they can keep their head up. I really need to find a stroller soon! Any advice on brands that have worked for all of you? Here are some things that are important: 1. Good padding
2.Fully reclinable seats, 3. Storage basket, 4. Width is a little important since I will be using this in a mall, walking,shopping etc. and last is #5. weight (but I think alot of them are quite heavy.
I have a 94'Honda Passport so I need to find a jogger that will fit in the back trunk area. I heard of horror stories of strollers not fitting. Well hopefully everyone can group up and gather me some info. Thank you to all that can help! Renee

sweetbasil
11-23-2003, 10:39 AM
I'm really happy with my InStep Safari TT Double Jogger for the boys. We've been taking walks/jogs in it since DS#2 arrived- the seats are fully reclinable and come with a padded insert, so support hasn't been a problem for him. I got it at www.babybungalow.com- I e-mailed the owner to see if they price-match competitors, and she said they don't, but then gave me a coupon code good for 20% off any purchase over $100. I also got the mosquito netting, which has been a great investment. I think I'll be getting some yardage of solarveil fabric here in the next few days, too, to sew up another cover before the spring.

It has a storage basket underneath, is narrow enough to fit through our back door, and folds up nicely to tote around in the back of our Honda Pilot.

HTH,

hipmaman
11-23-2003, 11:07 PM
Mountain Buggy www.mountainbuggyusa.com. I would say the Double Urban fits your requirements.

If you go to the Baby Bargains Book/Strollers forum, there are many discussions on this jogger.

Liz B.
12-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Julie,

Regarding the InStep Safari TT Double Jogger, do the canopies cover the kids pretty well? We're in Florida and want to make sure that they have adequate coverage. I have the Instep 10K Single Jogger, and it has a great canopy but it looks different from the picture for the Safari.

Thanks,

Liz

sweetbasil
01-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Liz,
Sorry for my lag-time in responding! I always put our insect cover on the stroller when taking the boys out, but with that they're pretty well covered. I recently ordered some sun-protectant fabric from the solarveil website and will make a cover out of that for next summer (should keep the rays and the bugs off the boys). We're in Houston, btw, so it gets pretty sunny and hot here in the summers.

HTH,