PDA

View Full Version : Sit-n-Stand Double Stroller

juliajaj
01-19-2004, 09:52 AM
DH & I are expecting our 2nd child in July. DD will be around 2 when the baby is born. We're considering what type of double stroller to buy. One of our friends bought a sit-n-stand type of stroller. Does anyone have one of these. If so, did you like it, did the older child like standing, what brands would you recommend, are there other types of strollers you would recommend above this. Thank you.

luvbeinmama
01-20-2004, 01:15 AM
My kids are 2 yrs 9 mos apart and I JUST got a Sit N Stand right before Christmas. I LOVE IT!!! DS just wants to walk most of the time, but he can sit if he wants or stand, which he does, too. The only pita thing about it is the bar on the seat which makes putting sleeping baby in it a bit awkward, but if you unsnap the between-leg strap, it is easier to put them in and then snap it back up after they are in the stroller. I have a '96 Saturn SL1, and I only have 36" across my trunk between the wheelwells to store the stroller, and it barely fits without the canopy. I rarely use the canopy anyway, so that's not a problem. I only use it when DD is asleep and I want to put a blanket over to shade her. And the canopy goes on and comes off fairly easily. I don't think there are any other Sit N Stand strollers out there besides the one by Baby Trend, but there are a couple that may have a bar for the older child to stand on the back of a single stroller (Pliko). Or you can get a buggy board. DS really likes the sit n stand, too. He sits as much as he stands on it. HTH!