PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing jogging stroller from bargain website

mlincoln
01-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Has anyone purchased anything from strollers4less.com? Looking to buy a dreamer design ditto stroller and on this site you can buy them for $280 which is a $100 less than most other sites. Worried that there is a catch here or some reason for the deep discount. Any advice?

caleymama
02-03-2004, 08:08 AM
We purchased our Maclaren from them over a year ago and were pleased with the fast shipping. We haven't had any issues so I don't know how their customer service is but I would not hesitate to order from them again.

sweetbasil
02-18-2004, 04:50 AM
Here's an applicable thread from the Baby Bargains boards....
http://tinyurl.com/38ztz

HTH,

jadamom
02-22-2004, 12:34 AM
I was in the same boat when I bought my Instep Safari last fall. The price at strollers4less.com was so much better than anywhere else that despite hearing some negative feedback about the site, I decided to take my chances. Well, the box came via FedEx with a huge hole in it, and I could see through the hole that the stroller inside was damaged. I refused shipment and e-mailed them, requesting a new stroller. They answered my e-mail promptly, but refused to send me a new stroller and told me I would be charged the shipping and handling charges, plus an additional refusal of merchandise fee, plus a restocking fee (if I didn't reorder the product). I refused to reorder the product, which was sent damaged, and told them I would dispute the charges with my credit card company and report them to the Better Business Bureau. Their response was that I had agreed to their policies when I placed my order on their website. I ended up ordering the stroller from another website (with no problems at all!), and then a couple of weeks later, received a new stroller from strollers4less.com without any explanation and no additional charges. So, I guess if I had been patient (and not ordered another stroller), it would have worked out for me, but I ended up selling the 2nd stroller on ebay (for a loss!). Whew!! What an ordeal!

If you do decide to order from this site, be sure to read the fine print. At the time that I placed my order, if you received a damaged stroller, they expected you to keep it and find someway to fix it via the manufacturer, not through them. If you needed to return it, you needed to contact them first and get a "return code." You were not allowed to refuse a damaged stroller! Not sure this is worth the hassle!