PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Deuce Coupe 20"

amondro
02-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know if the Kelty Deuce Coupe 20" model is still in production? I can only locate the 16" on-line, I've e-mailed Kelty but haven't heard back from them yet.

Twinner Mom
02-19-2004, 10:54 PM
I read somewhere that they are not making the 20 inch anymore. Having a 16 inch Kelty myself and a 20 inch Baby Jogger, I would guess that they stopped making the 20 inch because it was too tall for most people. My Kelty's handle bars are significantly much higher than my Baby Jogger's. In general, most people seem to go for 16 inch wheels no matter what brand jogger they get.

amondro
02-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Thanks for your reply. I spoke with Kelty and they did discontinue the 20" double, but still are selling the 20" single model. We have the 20" Joyrider, and absolutely love it, particularly the canopy coverage and fold, and had hoped to get the double version. Oh well -back to researching! :-)

Anna

Twinner Mom
02-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Are you a runner? If so, I prefer my Baby Jogger Twinner 20 for running over my Kelty. It is much lighter and much easier to turn. Folding is not as easy as the Kelty, but when you take the wheels off and pull the 4 pins (only takes two minutes), the Baby Jogger folds to almost nothing. However, for all other things I prefer my Kelty. The sun canopy, cup holders, folding, etc make it much nicer for long walks etc. than the Baby Jogger. What I have read about other double joggers makes me happy I have the 2 I have. The others seem heavy and clumsey. The Running Times website has a review of jogging strollers (both single and double). You might want to check it out.

Brigitte