PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared of the double!!

jojo2324
02-18-2004, 12:51 PM
I don't know why. We have the MBUD in our basement, just waiting to be brought out. But I start to think about making it fit into our car, and having to haul it out when we go places. And then will I even be able to fit into places now? And then I realize I have TWO kids and get a little freaked out, LOL. :D

Right now we're doing well with the Bjorn for DD and DS in the stroller. But I am going to have to get over my double fear soon...

lmintzer
02-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Right there with you, Joanne--especially about the realization that I have two kids. Our double (yet to be used) is an Aria Twin, and it is sitting in our front hall.

KathyO
02-18-2004, 10:00 PM
I'd say just set an occasion and take the plunge... I utterly adore our MBUD. It's been all over the place this winter, and it's particularly good for hurdling those nasty ice ridges that build up on either side of the street when the plow's been through. When it comes to fitting it into places, you'll be surprised. Its huge size is an optical illusion, the thing really is only a few inches wider than the single, because the single has such a wide stance, down at the wheels. Just keep reminding yourself that it's the same width as a standard wheelchair, and most places are set up to accommodate those.

As to getting it in and out of the car - can't help there, as I haven't loaded mine into the car too many times, and we have a mini station wagon, so there's room in back. But think of what the lifting will do for your back and arm muscles... and we all know that muscle burns more calories than fat, right?

They don't call me the Rationalization Queen for nothing,

KathyO