PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good stroller for my almost toddler - considering Peg Atlantico and Venezia...

lctippins
04-17-2004, 10:40 AM
I'm having a hard time finding out the weight capacities of these two strollers. I've looked on Peg's web site as well as several sites that carry a large selection of strollers... no luck.

I've been using a hand-me-down, and I'm looking for a stroller with more features. I like the single handle on the Atlantico and Venezia (the one I'm using now has two handles and it's hard to steer with one hand). I also want a child tray and either a parent tray or cup holder, and a large basket (preferably one that's easily accessible from the back).

One other feature I'd like but am not having any luck finding is a large canopy - my DD hates having the sun in her eyes. We have a Dreamer Design jogging stroller which has a fantastic canopy. I know I won't find anything that big, but are there any regular strollers with canopies that block the sun when it's in any position other than directly overhead???

If you have experience with either the Atlantico or Venezia, or know of another stroller that has all or most of these features, please let me know!

Thanks!
Lisa

pamela mom of 3
04-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Well perego is a strange duck in the fact they say in regards to weight limits "as long as the child fits comfortably" i have seen Perego Reps STAND/SIT in perego strollers LOL

The atlantico & venezia both have a decent hood *when the seat is upright* they'll pull clear down to the front tray/bar.

I've had both, the seat on the atlantico is HUGE, it probably depends on more what your after, the venezia is smaller folded than an atlantico but does lack the parent tray.

Really in all honesty you can't go wrong with either it falls down to personal choice more than anything.

Good luck! :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

lctippins
04-19-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm leaning toward the Atlantico because I don't need the carriage feature of the Venezia. If we do have another child, I'd probably use my Kolkraft UCSC anyway. I'm not that worried about the folded size of the stroller since I drive a Chevy Tahoe... currently I don't even bother to fold my stroller - I just stick it in the cargo area on it's side! The large seat on the Atlantico is a big plus for me since I'm hoping to use this stroller for the next couple of years!

Thanks so much for the info.

:-) Lisa