PDA

View Full Version : Schwinn Bike Trailer vs. InStep Turbo Elite

navars2
04-21-2004, 12:20 AM
I was wondering if anyone here knows the differences between these two bike trailers and could give recommendations for one over the other. I've seen a lot of little differences between the two but, they are made by the same parent company so they are very similar. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a store with either out so that I could look at it in person. :(

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Susan.

momtoshoshandjonah
04-21-2004, 03:15 PM
I have the Schwinn Bike Trailer and LOVE it! However, I have never connected it to a bike (wierd, I know). We bought it when our first child was 6 mo as an all terrain stroller that could be used for 2 kids when we had our second. Now that #2 is 5 mo we have taken the 3 yo and the 5 mo out for strolls and it is fabulous. We bought the stroller conversion kit. Maybe someday we will hook it up to a bike, but we need to get bikes first, and that is way down the line when the kids are older. I don't know about the InStep trailer. HTH :)

navars2
04-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks. :) Both are actually made by the same parent company these days and both come with the stroller conversion kit. :) I think I'm leaning towards the InStep because they're about the same price, the InStep is all aluminum (the Schwinn has steel wheels) and the InStep has a little more interior space. They both have this new feature which is basically a pocket so that the child can sit correctly with a helmet on. :D Anyway, thanks for the help. :D