PDA

View Full Version : Jogger or Bike Trailer

Gena
04-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Our son is 2 1/2. We want to get more exercise but include our son. We are debating between a jogger stroller or a bike trailer. Can you please share your opinions!

KathyO
04-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Get a convertible that does both!! Chariot Carriers (www.chariotcarriers.com) makes what I think are the best ones in the business. Their Cross-Country line (the Cheetah is the basic version, and the Cougar is the deluxe) comes in one or two-child models, and can be converted in seconds from bike trailer to stroller and back. This line may be the best choice for you because it is designed for lots of kick room for someone pushing it in stroller mode. The trailer/strollers are as light as a feather and very durably built, with lots of nice safety and comfort features. Everyone I know who owns one loves it. They're pricy, but they hold their value well on resale, and tend to sell for between 60 and 70 percent of their new value, at minimum. And that's when they actually hit the second-hand market... too often, they never hit the market because they are already spoken for! (No, I don't own stock in the company, alas...)

Hope that helps,

KathyO

Thanks
04-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Thanks, that was very helpful.

vpalmer
04-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Gena,

We just bought a Cougar 2 and love it! So far we have only used it as a jogger since DD is not quite a year old. I bought the two seater instead of the one seater because there was only a 7" width difference and I thought there is a slight chance we would have two in a jogger at the same time. It is pretty wide though and if I thought I would use it indoors, I probably would have opted for the Cougar 1. We have a Combi US so the Cougar will pretty much only be used outdoors so width is not that big of a deal.

BTW, I ordered mine from agees.com and their service and prices were great.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

Gena
04-27-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks- I am getting very excited.