PDA

View Full Version : Mom's with just a toddler

candybomiller
06-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Which stroller do you use? Do you love it? I'm trying to find the perfect toddler stroller. I still love my mbus for outdoors stuff, but want something different for everyday in/out of malls etc.

pamela mom of 3
06-17-2004, 08:50 PM
Uh, well i actually use my mbus LOL...

In/out places i grab a cart and use my buggybagg...

You could try maclarens, they steer great with the heavier toddler stage and are easy for them to get in/out...the only down being low on storage and slightly tip prone.

Perego also has some good models, P3, aria etc...you'll want something that is easier for them to get in/out of or at the least easy for you to get them in/out of ;)

Sorry i couldn't be more help, ds is 3.5yrs in 2wks and pretty much walks now..except the mall and long outdoor places..

-good luck

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

hjdong
06-18-2004, 11:48 AM
I use a Maclauren - I don't know what model - maybe a triumph? Anyway, I really like it. It has a canopy, which is really important where I live. And it appears to be comfortable as DS does sleep in it if I'm out during naptime (although he does prefer to sleep in the big, plush, heavy Teutonia - with the Mac, he falls asleep, with the Y2K, he snuggles down). My mom got me both. I felt really extravagent, but I have to say, I've used them both a lot.

The best part of the Mac is it's easy for me to deal with when he doesn't want to be in the stroller and I'm alone with him. It's light enough and fast enough that I can keep up, keep and eye on him, he can help push, and it's here when he's ready. Not so of the other stoller.

HTH

Momof3Labs
06-18-2004, 10:46 PM
I looooove my Chicco 2002 but the weight limit is only 33lbs, and the steering (which is better than almost any stroller out there) is getting a little sluggish now that Colin's about 26lbs. The P3 is fine but not my favorite... And I don't like the tippiness of Macs. I'm holding out for the new Silver Cross umbrellas (shhhh, don't tell DH) right now!

Kimberly H
06-19-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm with Lori. We have a Jeep Liberty and it's so big to haul in and out of the car, though Mia loves it.

I can't WAIT to play with the new SC umbrella strollers! Is it July yet???

MinnieMouse
06-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Bethany is almost 3yo and about 32/33lbs and we still are going strong with our two Peg strollers. We have a Milano and an Aria and will use either at the mall (Beth gets to choose), the Milano around the neighborhood (the weight is a + going over the sidewalks) and the Aria when traveling.

We started w/ the Milano and have always been very happy w/ it, but it is a heavy stroller to bolt through airports with. I picked up the Aria on clearance for $50 and it's the perfect 2nd stroller. I looked at the Maclarens but Beth prefers the napper bar and the price was right for the Aria.

The Aria is only 8 or 9lbs, has a full push bar (no umbrella handles) and decent storage (not great but not puny either).

HTH

Christine

Erika600
06-29-2004, 04:43 PM
I just got a Mac Quest a couple months ago and love it so far. I was also looking for a good toddler stroller. I wanted it to be lightweight, fold easily and be comfortable enough for DS to sleep in. It really is all of those things! I was a bit concerned about tippiness, but I can say that at least when my DS is in it, there is no tippiness whatsoever. It was more than I was planning on spending, but it is perfect for us right now!

ddloveschitty1
07-14-2004, 03:47 AM
Christine
Where on earth did you find an aria on sale for $50
Jen

MinnieMouse
07-14-2004, 09:22 AM
I went back to the stroller board at parentsplace and lurked for a while, asked a few questions (which is how I ruled out the Macs although I really wanted one...wouldn't have been right for my napper bar loving dd)...and someone posted one day about Value City blowing out 2001 Arias.

It was Fall of 2002 and the 2001 didn't have any way for the new Peg car seats to "click" into them so Peg clearanced them to Value City. I RAN to the store and grabbed on quick :-). I think Peg has a deal w/ VC though because I've seen travel systems blow out there as well.

I'm lucky since Bethany really loves to ride in her stroller even though she will be turning 3yo next week! We don't use it around the neighborhood practically at all anymore but for long days out or trips to the mall she loves it.

Christine

Avid Reader
07-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Avid Reader

What is a Silver Cross umbrella? Do you know the maker and when it's due out? I have a 40lb toddler and am also looking for the longer excursion stroller.

Thanks!

lisams
07-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Still using the Pliko and are very happy! I like that it folds nice and compact and is a good size (not too big, not too small - DD is 95th in height and weight and is still very comfortable in it) Just wish the cup holder was better and that storage underneath was easier to get at!

Lisa

sdbc
07-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Avid Reader: Silver Cross is the maker. It's due out any day. They have a "micro" and a "mini". There's lots of discussion about it on the baby bargains stroller page. :)

Sue

knsmommy
07-22-2004, 10:27 PM
I love my Maclaren Volo. It's so lightweight (lighter than my diaper bag), folds easily, steers itself, has a shoulder strap... amazing. DD is 2 and is more comfortable in this than any other stroller. When she wants to walk or we encounter stairs, it's over my shoulder in seconds. We spent an extra $45 for an accessory pack (canopy, seat liner). Disadvantage: without the accessory pack, it's a warm-weather-only stroller (mesh).
Hope this helps!

Melanie
08-05-2004, 02:06 AM
It's from 2001/2002 but seems quite comparable to the quest in most areas but with bigger wheels and a taller canopy. It was between this and quest for me.

http://www.dmart2000.com/mactecfrefre.html

nitaghei
08-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Love my Mac Triumph for mall and quick indoor stuff. I'd bought intending to use it as a travel stroller, but I've actually ended up using it for a lot more than just travel. My very tall DH likes it better than the Pliko now, because it's easier on his back. So I can't justify a Micro - especially since I read that the handles were lower than a Mac (though I'm a 100 % sure about that) - though they sound soooooo cool.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD