PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need an easy to push (affordable) DOUBLE stroller for NYC Mom

JNA
06-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Hi,

I am a NYC MOM searching for a double stroller. My son weighs over 35 pounds, and I will have a newborn soon. I currently have a Maclaren Vogue and have A LOT of trouble pushing just my son around in it. I intentionally avoid hilly sections of the city, b/c he is so difficult to push around! That being said, I now need a double stroller. Would prefer not to pay 600$, if I can avoid it. Any suggestions on what double is the easiest to push around the Big Apple? Or do I really need to spend the 600$ on the Urban Double Mountain Buggy (whatever it's called!) to get the ease of use when pushing it?

Any input would be helpful!

J

kijip
07-03-2004, 07:34 PM
How much longer will your older child be riding? Maybe the E3 is the way to go since you can use it as a single and a double.

JNA
07-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Hi,

What is the E3? My son will be riding for quite some time, since we walk very long distances throughout the city....

Geoffrey's Mom

Boogiemama
07-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Hello
I am in the same situation. Have an almost 2 year old who is 35 pounds and 36 inches tall
(he looks 3 1/2). And I have a baby due any day now, who is supposedly tall too.

I am considering the Mountain Buggy urban double (swivel) but it is $589. at the Right Start - ouch!.

I am considering the Instep TT double (swivel) which is $249

I am considering Phil & Teds E3 Explorer 2 toddler/second seat option (approx $380.)

I also want to know if Kolcraft has a double Jeep Liberty?

Does anyone have a recommendation?

PS I posted this as a question NYC mom in its own topic so maybe someone will reply to me, check it out.. Also I would like to keep this stroller to use at theme parks when they are 4 yrs old and 2 yrs old, when someone needs a nap, or when there is dangerous traffic to keep the 4 yr old from running into the parking lots, etc. I see big kids (5 ish or older in their mom's old strollers at Disneyland all the time) They don't seem to be humiliated but glad to rest their feet and have a snack after hours of walking. Sometimes moms stick 2 or 3 kids in a stroller meant for only 2. Not that it is safe for everyday use, but it gets them through Disneyland with a place to put all the sippy cups.