PDA

View Full Version : baby jogger vs. dreamer designs

mlhps
08-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these two brands? I can't decide between them. Does the baby jogger's canopy really shade the sun? Also, what about the difference between 16 inch wheels and 20 inch wheels (on the baby jogger since I think the dreamer doesn't have 20 inch wheels). Any advice? Thanks

BTW, it would be for twin infants for jogging and walking

ckleist
08-10-2004, 09:14 AM
I don't have any experience w/ either; however, my husband just bought a BOB w/ 16" wheels. It is nice, but what I found annoying is that it doesn't turn well and the front end needs to be lifted up. If you are going to use it as a true jogger (which I won't, my husband will) then you'll want a stationary front wheel. The last few days we have done a ton of research on joggers and had narrowed it down to BOB or Dreamer, but could not find anyone selling Dreamer locally (we wanted to see it in person). You may find www.joggingstroller.com very helpful. They sell online but also have a lot of very good information and reviews and descriptions. According to them, the Dreamers have the best sun canopies.

tiggerjackson
08-23-2004, 05:06 PM
I have a DD single and a new DD Ditto. I can't go on enough about the Ditto. The Shade Canopies WORK. It is very easy to push. IN 2004 they developed a new RPS design - it stands for Rear Positioning System I think. It redistributes the weight to the back making it easy to push. My 2 month old rides nicely with the additon of a snuzzler. I like that DD comes with an all-eweather cover which is great to keep cold wind off kids. Lots of water bottle (and sippy cup holders) Huge basket. Folds easily. the wheels come off very easily. The only drawback I've noticed is that it is heavy if I have to lift it over a curb or when I do put it in my trunk, but I guess most doubles are like that - plus I just count that as an upper body workout. I almost forgot the harness is VERY secure! Love it. Babyride.com has them for $369 - cheapest I've seen.

BTW, I do jog with my Ditto. Let me know if you have any other questions.

DS 21 months
DS 2 months