PDA

View Full Version : double stroller vs jogger for 2 yr old twins

laurag
08-17-2004, 01:33 PM
I need help. we just moved from NY to Florida. The Maclaren that I bought when my 2 yr old twins were born did not live up to my expectations (understatement). Actually it completely fell apart, with minimal abuse. I now need a replacement. When there are 2 adults I use 2 kolcraft umbrella strollers that I think are great (not to mention cheap). However, often there is one adult. So here is the dilemna: I would rather not spend a fortune but I don't want to get something that will break again. I want something more substantial and more comfortable than a double umbrella stroller. My basic needs are walking around town, going to the park and in the mall and shopping. I think I want to try a jogger. How much longer will they realistically use it and I want them to be comfortable (they are tall).
I have narrowed my search to either the instep or tike tech, or if I should bite the bullet and spend the money on the BOB or Valco.
Does anyone have any advice for me?

DagnyT
08-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Not a cheap option, but I would go for a MBUD. I have one and have never looked back, my sons are newly 1 and 3. We live in a neighborhood where the yards are large- 2-5 acres, the streets are paved but there are no sidewalks. I use the MBUD around here, downtown, at the mall, and at the park- I am not a jogger.

Best of luck!