PDA

View Full Version : toddler travel bed

jmcknight
10-06-2004, 03:02 PM
I am considering buying the inflatable toddler travel bed from One Step Ahead. Does anyone have this product? Like it? Or know of another travel bed that might be better? Thanks!!

Jeanne
10-06-2004, 04:50 PM
I don't have that one but Charlotte got a Hello Kitty inflatable sleeping bag (Target $30) for her birthday as a gift and it works great. It deflates easily and has a carry case/strap. She loves it! And it's nice because you don't have to carry an extra blanket.

raynjen
10-07-2004, 01:04 AM
We have this product and we love it.

We bought it because my father is coming for a two week visit and he will be using DD's bed while he is here. To 'ease' the transition for her we pulled the top mattress off her bed and put the travel bed on the boxspring. She's been sleeping in it for a week now with no problems. I've added air to it once during that time.

A few things about it - the bumper around the bed portion is higher than I expected from the photos (which is good). The sleeping area and the top edge of the bumper are 'flocked' so they aren't slippery. The air pump is noisy so be sure to inflate the bed in advance (not when everyone is winding down from a long day). Be prepared that your toddler/preschooler is going to think that this is a boat/bus/trampoline/everything but a bed. I got it out a week before I used it as a bed and then took it away everytime she showed an inclination to bounce on it.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about it.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who is almost three, Noelle!

Melanie
10-29-2004, 03:50 AM
Interesting, I keep thinking about the two...the inflatable and the non-inflatable ones. They aren't cheap...but they seem like a great idea for travel!

jenfed1
11-18-2004, 10:11 PM
We have the inflatable one, by Aerobed...I think it's the same one that OneStepAhead sells. It's awesome, and I feel it was money well spent. We use it any time my dd sleeps at Grandma's or if we are away. She loves it, and because the sides are a little higher like the previous poster mentioned, she doesn't roll off. We had a regular twin air mattress and she was rolling off it in every direction. This one has the sleeping area slightly lower than the sides, so they really can't roll off. It literally blows up in a minute (it is loud) and it deflates just as easily. I could go on and on...Oh, and it has a carrying case and we just store it in the closet....

It think that's it :) We like it!

snowtosunmom
05-30-2008, 12:12 PM
We are taking a two week trip up the west coast with our two kiddos. My 3 year old is still in a crib because he hasn't wanted to leave it, and I'm not pushing because why do I really want to worry that he's playing with the electric outlets in the middle of the night? For our last trip he slept in a pack n play, but he is 40 inches tall, and it made me uncomfortable just looking at him in the pack n play. I am looking at the two inflatable toddler mattresses one from Aerobed and the other from One Step Ahead. As always when making a purchasing decision I'm torn. The One Step Ahead mattress looks like it has taller side than the other, and since he's never slept outside his crib that's important to me at the moment....but (isn't there always a but) it doesn't include a sheet (which the aerobed does) and because I've never purchased stuff from One Step Ahead I'm concerned about the quality. Anyone have experience with how long the One Step Ahead has lasted or how tall those sides really are on the aerobed. Because they seem to be more sloped I'm not sure how well they will actually contain the rolling. Thanks so much.

bubbaray
05-30-2008, 12:14 PM
What about a Ready Bed? We have one of those for DD#1 (the Dora toddler one). Of course, we've never actually convinced her to sleep in it, but that's a different issue.