PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk two-wheelers... with training wheels of course!

sugarsnappea
10-29-2004, 09:51 AM
I am looking into buying a two-wheeler for JG this holiday season. I want something that will last her a few years. She has raced around the neighborhood on a neighbor girl's little pink Trek. Should I stick with a reputable brand that makes good adult bikes, like Trek or Schwinn? Or are there children's only bike brands that I should be looking into? I am so sad that I she may be done with her Kettler. :(

jesseandgrace
11-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi. I bought ds a kids bike from target and it was terrible. It never tightened right and the handlebars were off center, the seat moved, etc. After about a month we bought him the Trek. It is great! He loves to ride the bike, and I'm glad he finally has something that works. It is well worth the money IMO as I wasted the money on the target bike!

sugarsnappea
11-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Thanks Jennifer!

I am leaning towards a Trek. What size bike/wheels did you end up getting? I am thinking JG will outgrow the 12" wheels before summer even starts.

jesseandgrace
11-08-2004, 08:42 PM
I definitely got the size up from the 12 - is it 16? I can't remember. DS is a little on the short side, so it is a little bit big for him, but he doesn't mind at all. I hope it will last at least a few years, and he thinks it is cool to have the bigger one.