PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Double Stroller advice

kadm16
10-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Hi,
I am new to this sight.
We have a almost 4 year old and another on the way.

We live in a city and I walk around a lot to run
errands, go to the library etc. with my son in a stroller.
I also walk around the sity for exercice.

We want to purchase a double stroller, but we have several
concerns.

First-I need something that is going to withstand the bumps and
rough sidewalks and curbs that comes
along with walking in the city.

Second-I need something that will fit inside doorways
to the places we will go.

I am considerinf some sort of doublt jogger-but the width
seems to be an issue-even thought this seems the
best option for walking in the city.

The other consideration is a double Maclaren-don't know
what the width is, but I am consernd that it won't work well
on the city sidewalks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

Tondi G
11-02-2004, 04:18 PM
The only double that comes to mind is the Mountain Buggy Urban Double! It will fit through doorways and the swivel front wheel will make it possible for you to actually use it indoors! The air tires will do the best outdoors and it will also accomodate the higher weight of a 4 year old!

I am in the same situation. We figure for short trips and places where DS can walk he will just have to walk... we plan to buy a P3 to replace our current Pliko! But for longer days to the Zoo, Disneyland etc. DS gets tired, he will be a couple of months short of turning 4 when #2 arrives so we will need a double of some sort! He also happens to be a BIG boy... 50lbs at 3 years of age and 41 inches tall. I am thinking we will definetly have to go with a jogger of some sort and the MB might be our only option if we may happen to take it indoors once in a while too! My MIL already asked what bigger ticket item we will need..... she bought us our crib for DS and didn't flinch at the 500 price tag...... the MB Urban might be it!

Good luck in your decision making!!!!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
EDD #2 5/5/05

luvbeinmama
11-02-2004, 11:55 PM
I would consider a Baby Trend Sit n Stand. I don't know if you can put an infant in the newer models, though. That would be something to check out besides the weight requirement. My DS loves this stroller, as does DD, but now they both want to stand on the back! LOL! BTW, I did not get it until last year. DD was already a year old and I got it used, so I don't know what the newer models are like in respect to infant usage, but I wouldn't use mine for an infant. HTH!

nan
11-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Also the Valco Twin Runabout. Slightly less expensive than the MB, and has the same advantages-- fits through doorways, maneuvers like dream. If you look on the Baby Bargains section stroller board there's tons of reviews on both the Valco and MB, and some with pics, too.

MamaKath
11-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Can you sling the baby (or Trekker, Bjorn, etc) and let ds ride for the time being? It seems that to immediately purchase something with that age difference might be hasty. Ds may start walking regularly. The other options would be a sit-n-stand (old ones got better reviews than the newer ones), a sbs hybrid like the Valco (most narrow out there) and the MBUD (Mountain Buggy Urban Double), or a double alternative like the Kiwi E3.

GL~