PDA

View Full Version : HELP 7mo. old twins and 2 yo going to DIsney need stroller advice!

hobzoo
01-19-2005, 11:48 PM
OK
My friends think I am crazy for attempting it , but I would rather go to Disney than stay home.

I currently own a Graco duoglider , but am selling it to a friend. It served the purpose for just attaching my baby seats to get in and out of everywhere...

BUT , now the kiddies need to sit up and enjoy the world. they did not seem very comfortable in the seats of the Graco and its not so easy to push ...especially with one hand ..while i pull a shopping cart behind me with the groceries and 2yo..

I also own a RUNABOUT triplet and a Inglesina triplet (awful-huge -heavy -yuck..selling it)

ANyway, the 2yo dd likes to ride in the stroller, especially when she knows i Need it for the babies...

what should i do .

I think taking the runabout might be too difficult for a couple of reasons...
1. takes a lot of space in car
2. not easy to carry on buses or trams...or boats to get to disney
3. the babies dont seem to sleep so comfortably in it

I checked out the peg perego twin aria and liked it a lot...But only has two seats...I was wondering if I could attach the Seat 2 go safari to it for my toddler....

I am so lost for ideas ...even thought of connecting 3 umbrella strollers ...or
should i just take a separate umbrella type stroller for the toddler.

my main concerns are

babies to be comfortable enough to sleep for a few hours in it I( isthat asking too much) and
someplace for 2yo to sit if she dosent want to walk anymore...

thanks for listening

any ideas would be great

mom to Ariana 2, Sarah and Alana 7mos.

cluelesswonder
01-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi,

My DH and I went to Disneyworld 3 times before kids. At the time, my quick observation was that most kids seemed overwhelmed with all the sights and sounds - lots of meltdowns and junkfood. Very few were sleeping in strollers.

First, you can rent strollers at the entrances to all of the Disney parks. They have doubles and singles - I don't remember if they have canopies or not. They are the same hard plastic type you'd find at a zoo to rent.

Second, while the buses are convenient, they are not very fast (more like a local bus with lots of stops) - we estimated hat it took us 3 times the time to bus as it did to drive and park. Since we stayed on Disney property, all the parking fees were waived.

You might want to check out www.mousesavers.com and the Disney site (planning your vaction - toddlers) for suggestions on how to maximize your park time. Most of the suggestions are for you to make sure you have lots of break/rest time so the kids don't get overwhelmed. Also, you'll probably be back at your room for the afternoon nap. Identify the rides in each park you'd want to spend an hour or two waiting for (less time in Feb, but we dubbed this time "Stroller Land" since we couldn't believe how many young families were there!). Also, DO check out a Disneyworld park guide (Birnbaums,the "unofficial guide, fodors, etc) that is geared for families with young children. The $15 you spend will pay off in planning and being less stressed.

Good luck and have fun. (We're not that brave yet and have decided that we'd go when the kids will be older and will remember the trip - not to mention being able to walk and skip their naps. I remember asking my parents to go to Disneyland when I was about 4 or 5 and my parents said "Oh, you've been there. You were about 9 months old." - Yippee.)

Karen
Elsa's mom
Baby Boy on the way June 2005

hobzoo
01-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Karen Hi

thanks so much for all your advice. I will check out the website and get one of those books..Great ideas!

We have a timeshare w/ Marriott ....so we are planning on a Disney trip each year... These first few years will be memories for us..dh and I ...and the pictures we take will someday make our kids smile! We even took dd last year at 1.5 yo and we just had a GREAT time , if you can believe it...She did do quite a bit of sleeping though!

I just ordered the Valco twin runabout with toddler seat ...it will be here next wednesday ...and we will bring it and also a light weight umbrella stroller so dh and I can split up when necessary...

anyway, thanks again! You should try going ...it may surprise you..Best of luck with your baby boy...

:}
Karen mom to Sarah & Alana 6/08/04
Ariana 11/22/04