PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for "Big Wheels"

raynjen
02-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Does anyone have a 'big wheel' for their child? I'm looking for one that specifically will work for a smaller child (under 36"). My DD's trike broke and I am looking for an inexpensive option to keep her on wheels until she is really ready for the bike (she doesn't like the height or tippiness of her bike and so refuses to use it). I DO NOT want to purchase an inexpensive trike as they are prone to tippiness also and I don't want to reinforce those fears =)!

I remember with fondness my big wheel and want the same sense of freedom for my daughter...

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!

raynjen
02-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Bump

westgre
02-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Overstock.com has them. THey have the original Big Wheel and they have a mini Big Wheel targeted for toddlers ages 1-3. I was just thinking about getting the mini for my DD. HTH!

Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)

raynjen
03-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Thanks!

We ended up getting the Fisher Price (Action Sounds?) adjustable Trike as that was the only thing available here. My (very small) DD loves it and can pedal it well. The sounds aren't as annoying as I thought they would be and they do have the on and off switch.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!

cdk_2001_mom
03-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Yep, I'm late, sorry, but I was going to recommend the FP "big wheels"!! Corben's is a Harley Davidson "motorcycle" Papa bought him for Christmas two years ago and he still loves that thing!! Very easy for him to ride and he loves the "1,2,3 ... let's go" - he just takes off!!

Corben's 3 yrs 3 mos, weighs 32.5 pounds, and is over 3" tall, but don't remember exact height. He's got a Radio Flyer trike but had a fall once so seems skittish. Love the big wheel :)

Glad you got s/t your daughter loves!!

~Terri
~Corben 12/19/01
~new one edd 7/31/05