PDA

View Full Version : Reebok jogger-opinions?

tmeyer
03-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Does anyone own either of the Reebok jogging strollers (made by Baby Trend)? What is your opinion? I'm not a runner but would like to have it as an option. I don't see myself using it often enough to justify spending the money on a BOB. I don't live near an ocean, but our roads are salted in the winter. Will the Reebok's wheels hold up to salty conditions? Winter use would be infrequent because it's usually too cold to be sitting in a stroller, but again, I want it as an option.

I have read reviews that the front wheel is difficult to adjust. Otherwise reviews have been positive. Any opinions here?

Thanks!

mirandas mom
06-15-2005, 03:44 PM
I have been using the Reebok stroller for the past year and the frame recently cracked and broke. The support leading to the left wheel cracked and broke in a continuing spiral beneath the weld where the wheel support meets the frame supporting the seat. I was shocked! Thankfully when I noticed this I was walking and not far from home. There is no reason for the aluminum on a frame to fail other than substandard manufacturing conditions. Had I checked and compared warranties BEFORE I purchased, I would have been advised. Reebok has only 180 day warranty on materials whereas BOB, Babyjogger etc., have 10-20 year or lifetime warranties on the frames. I don't jog due to arthritis, but I am an avid and serious walker. I used this stroller everyday, sometimes 2X a day for 2-4 mile walks in our city park trails and in our neighborhood. So I was not doing alot of highspeed bounding over curbs, or any off-road running. I would definitely not purchase this stroller. What if the frame cracked while running? Someones child or themselves could be seriously injured, plus you are out the $$ and the stroller! We have called Babytrend repeatedly to report this issue, although we know due to the horrible warranty we expect no refunds or replacements. We have never gotten a live person to answer, and so have left numerous messages. BABYTREND HAS NEVER CALLED US BACK! I thought manufacturers of baby products were supposed to held to higher standards. Have you ever heard of someone's aluminum bike frame breaking away from a weld for no apparrent reason? If so, it's certainly a rarity.