PDA

View Full Version : double stroller...HELP!!!!!! Im confused

murmaid111
03-10-2005, 09:17 PM
I am in desperate need of adivce on a double stoller. I have a 21 month old boy and a baby girl due in 2 weeks and can't get to the bottom of what is best. Im not sure if I should go with the tandem or side by side. Some people have to told me the tandems are heavy and very hard to steer. I would love to hear feedback on which style and which brand is best. Thanks for your help.
:) Kristine

jadamom
03-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately, there is no double stroller out there that has everything you'd want. I think you have to decide what is most important to you and then look at what's available. For instance, it would be nice to be able to strap the carseat onto the double stroller, but I think this option is only available in the tandem style strollers and these are all too heavy and bulky for me. What mattered the most to me was having a lightweight stroller that fits through doorways, which would be the Aria Twin (side by side) at 18 pounds. However, this one doesn't recline all the way, so it's not recommended to use it until the baby's 3 months old. The lightest stroller I could find that fully reclined and could be used from birth was the Combi Twin at 21 pounds, and this is what I got. It's a side by side that steers really well and fits through doorways and folds pretty easily. The wheels are small (best for mall-walking) and the baskets aren't great, but I'm pretty happy with it for $300. The Mountain Buggy Urban Double is supposed to be great for all terrain, but at 35 pounds and $600, it just isn't for me.

vikivoly
03-14-2005, 11:13 PM
You may want to check the stroller forum in the Baby Bargains forum. There are a lot of posts about doubles there. I have two girls and they are 22 months apart, so we are in similar situations. I wanted one stroller for both indoor and outdoor use. I chose Phil & Ted's E3. I love it. It's a tandem, but not your typical tandem and steers easily. Good luck!

twinmom2004
03-24-2005, 02:04 PM
I have 4 1/2 month old twins and I decided to buy the Combi Twin Savvy stroller. It is a side-by-side and I love it!!! I have gone on many airplane trips with it and its great b/c it folds up very easily and it fits through the x-ray with no problem. I find that it has fit through all doorways and it is also very light weight. The only negative point is its storage space. There are two baskets under each seat that you could fit a purse, but not a large diaper bag. It does not allow for you to use an infant car seat with it, but that was not one of my concerns. If it is a concern for you then you should go with a tandem.

sarahs
03-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Another vote here for the Combi Twin Savvy. I have it for my 10 mo old twins and love it.