PDA

View Full Version : jogging stroller: mac3, bob revolution, valco

gamak
04-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone,
I am looking for a jogging stroller to use for power walking, light jogging, malls, parks, etc. My baby is now 10 months and I would like w well made stroller that would last me through the todler years. My peg perego venezia is to hard to maneuver and I really deslike it.
Here are the features I am looking for:
1. Swiveling wheel
2. Adjustable handlebar for tall people
3. good sun conopy!
4. front bar (or snack bar)
5. light weight
6. easy to fold
7. ability for my daughter to sit upright.
So far i have selected the three strollers (mac, bob revolution and valco) for consideration. Do you have any experience with this strollers? Any other suggestions?
Thank you very much for your help.
kathy

mapg
04-29-2005, 07:26 AM
I don't know how much jogging you are planning to do, but have you considered buying two strollers? I have a Dreamer Design jog stroller that I bought for walks around the neighborhood. I found it last year on the internet for around $125. The weight limit is 75 lbs, which is great for older kids and it has plenty of room for the toddler. It also works for my very tall husband who leaned on two previous strollers and ruined them. (He din't push it very much, but a few times was enough.) Then I bought a mac quest to use for malls and other stuff with really good pavement. The mac is great for tall people too. I had a Combi wth my 9 year old. It was great, the handles were too short for my husband, so when I replaced it for my now 2 year old, I bought an Aprica, hoping to use the adjustable handles. The tallest setting was right for me and I am only 5-5. Needless to say, it didn't work for my husband and had to be replaced. (The first stroller I replaced was a Graco that fit the infant seat. It didn't fare too well through hard use. ) Sorry this is so long. Hope it helps.
Marianne