PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for the "perfect" double stroller. Does it exist??

terrigbeari
05-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Please help! I've been searching the net, looking in stores, and asking friends and total strangers, and now all of you. I am desperately trying to find a decent double stroller for my 18 mo. old and soon-to-arrive newborn. Here's what I'm looking for: a stroller that doesn't weigh a ton, and it needs to fit a Graco car seat. I'm finding that this is a near impossible task. I'm not interested in purchasing another Graco stroller (I currently have one for my 18 mo. old, and I'm not a big fan) or another brand of car seat. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Zansu
05-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Car seats are for the car, strollers are for (almost) everywhere else. :9 So picking a stroller based on its ability to take a car seat is not your best option. You'll only need the carseat ability for a few months, but you'll be using the stroller for a long time.

That said, the MBUD can take a Graco carseat. It is also a great double. It was our exclusive double, from birth on, until I started collecting strollers. it's very versatile, and has good resale value.

And you can plop the carseat in the seat of any stroller with a napper bar.

rachel508
05-11-2005, 07:44 PM
I absolutely LOVE my Zooper Tango. My DS(16mos) and DD(3mos) both love it, too.

I agree with the PP that you use the stroller much longer than the car seat carrier. This stroller has independently reclining seats that go almost completely flat. I put in a Kiddopotomus Snuzzler and my DD couldn't be happier in it. My friend K (DD(3yrs) and DS(6mos)) also has a Tango easily and securely fits her Graco Snugride into it.

K and I were both pregnant last year and went on what we dubbed "The Great Double Stroller Search." We would go shopping together with our firstborns and try out any and every double stroller we could find. The second child really does make a difference when testing! We researched online and shopped for a total of 4 months. Even though we had different needs and uses in mind, we both ended up getting the Tango. We couldn't be happier with our choice.

It is a little heavy (30lbs, I think) but it's not unmanageable. It feels so well made and long-lasting that I don't mind. It steers easily, even one-handed. I've never had a problem getting through any doors or aisles.

HTH!
Rachel

momofmany
05-15-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm sure by now you've determined there is no "perfect stroller." Your needs will change over time. I agree with the reminders about the car seat - this will be short lived. I spent forever obsessing about a stroller for my two dd (age 2 &4) and I've been really happy w/ the MBUD. I got it when the younger one was about seven months. It is super easy to drive, has dual reclining seats, fits through a narrow door, and is easy to fold up. However, I've also been happy with my kohlcraft side by side, which costs only about $50. I use this for trips to the mall, the dr. office and on a recent trip to FL. For the first several months when we had to walk somewhere, I put the baby in the sling and walked with the two year old or just carried the car set and had the toddler walk. Your stroller needs will change over time so maybe try to hold off on this purchase or borrow something until after you have your baby to see what you really need. Good luck!

1ceng1
05-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi,

I am also looking for the perfect twin stroller that may accommodate a SnugRide. Does the Zooper Tango have snack trays for the kids? It's a must for us!

rachel508
05-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Unfortunately, the Zooper Tango does not have snack trays. It has a napper bar that my friend K has attached a $3 Safety 1st cupholder to. She says that works really well. Since I've never had a snack tray I don't miss it; I just give my DS a bowl with a half-opening lid with cereal and he eats from that.

HTH!

Rachel

nicksmom
05-24-2005, 01:44 PM
What does MBUD stand for? Sorry, I am not clued in...

mharling
05-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Mountain Buggy Urban Double

You can see it here:

http://mountainbuggy.sycamorekids.com/urban_double.html

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

schums
05-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Count me as another vote for the Mountain Buggy Urban Double. Don't let the price frighten you off. DH almost choked when I bought it, but he agrees with me now that it was a steal -- the thing is about worth it's weight in gold!! This stroller lets me go out just about anywhere with my kids, now 21 months and 3 years. We've used it since my youngest was born with no problems. They do have great resale value, and you used to be able to get good deals on new ones at the end of the model year buying directly from MB via the internet (not sure if this is still true or not). They can be a little hard to find second hand, so if you're interested in a used one, start looking now. You might check stroller swap on Yahoo.

Sarah
Mom to Catherine, 21 months and Alex, 3 years.