PDA

View Full Version : Question for Maclaren Triumph owners (Volo too).

want2garden
05-08-2005, 10:15 PM
I've been considering purchasing a Volo for our trip to Florida. I'm thinking the mesh will be cooler vs. the padded Triumph but I like that the Triumph comes with all the accessories the Volo doesn't and that the seat is reclinable. Is there a mesh underseat on the Triumph similar to the Volo that can be used sans the cover creating a cooler ride for my son in the heat?

I've located a new 2004 Volo I could purchase for $59 but would have to search for the shade cover -- (might just be easier to purchase the 2005 at Target for $99?). Maclaren seems a good stroller choice as my hubby is 6'4" and it's fairly lightweight.

number2ontheway
05-24-2005, 11:52 AM
I own a 2004 Triumph which I purchased for our 18 mo. old for a trip to Vegas last winter and now I use that stroller almost exclusively. It does not have a mesh underlayer, but it is a very soft padded cotton seat which will absorb moisture (sweat, etc..). It seemed more comfortable to me than the Volo which (I think) is plastic. The partial recline and hood were perfect for naps during our very long days. I don't think she would have napped in a Volo. The over-the-shoulder carry strap (on the Triumph and the Volo) was fantastic for the plane and anytime she wanted to walk. I would highly recommend the Triumph. It is my favorite stroller (I've had 5 in 21 months!) If you're worried about heat, maybe buy one of the lighter colors? I hope this helps.

sarsah
06-01-2005, 07:17 PM
I purchased a 2004 Volo for our trip to Disney World last fall and would highly recommend it. My youngest was 18 months old at the time of our trip and he really didn't nap in the stroller, so I figured we didn't need the recline feature. The Volo is the only stroller we use on a regular basis now (I've sold 4 stollers in the past few months since we weren't using them).

As far as purchasing the 2004 or 2005 -- do a little reasearch and see if you can find the accessory pack (it comes with a seat cover, rain cover and shade cover). If not, I would go with the 2005 at Target.

I really think you can't go wrong with the Volo -- we love ours.

Sarah......mom to Jason & Devin

want2garden
06-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Thank you for your replies. I did purchase the Volo and am loving it (as is my son). Looking forward to using it at Disney. I've finally figured out how to fold it up with one hand and it's so light too. One thing I've not managed yet is to shorten the seat belt straps. I know you must be able to but haven't had the time yet. I ended up buying the stroller from the outlet and getting the accesories from Target.