PDA

View Full Version : Which bike trailer do you recommend?

andibon
05-22-2005, 03:08 PM
My sister has a 1-year-old and would like to buy a bike trailer. There is a small review in Baby Bargains (which I emailed to her) but I'd love to hear your experience.

Thanks,
Andrea

COElizabeth
06-08-2005, 04:08 PM
We have a double Chariot Cougar, and DH loves it (he uses it more than I do). DD isn't old enough for trailering yet, but DH has pulled two kids in it just fine, and with just James in it, he says he can't even feel it behind his bike. He loves the engineering of the Chariot.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

JP4
06-13-2005, 03:34 PM
I have a bike trailer called Wike and I'm very happy with it. It needs to be ordered over the internet, but it came quickly. It has bright colors, is very light weight and easy to pull, and has lots of optional accessories (wheel to convert to stroller or jogging stroller, comfort pad for helmet, full handle) and comes with 2 bike attachments that only take seconds to use.

mcmorfit
06-13-2005, 04:56 PM
I just looked at the Wike site and was impressed. Have you used it as a jogger? We had been borrowing a jog stroller and are in need of one and a bike trailer, so this might fit the bill. As well, did you get a single or double? I noticed that the double is only $15 more, so I guess the question is about space for us.

Thanks

julestds
06-14-2005, 04:21 PM
I Have a TREK rocket trailer and I love it. One, because it's great for a jogging stroller and very lightweight, and two, because it easily hooks up to a bike for those family rides. My husband and I are thrilled with it and are looking to get the double after baby #2 is born.

jules. :-)

JP4
06-23-2005, 09:07 PM
I have the jogging stroller wheel and, although I've been too lazy to actually jog with it, it seems like it would work well as a jogger. I also have the stroller swivel wheel and it is very easy to push and turn. I got the double because I was pg. again, but my son was stillborn, so I only use it with one child. There is a way to strap one child into the center of the seat, but even when I put him in one side, it pulls smoothly. We are taking it on a weekend trip and found that it also folds quickly and easily and the wheels can be snapped off/on in seconds.