PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a 2005 Maclaren Rally Twin?

cynthia
05-24-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm due Sept. '05 and my toddler will be 20 months so I'll need a double stroller. I like the side-by-side look and don't care about the infant carrier. I plan to leave that in the carseat base.

I'm in love with modern look of the 2005 Maclaren Rally Twin, especially the red one with circles "chilli". The ride is so smooth and that's what I like best. I'm concerened that the seat isn't that deep and also the seat padding isn't all that plush. It's 27 lbs. I've only seen two reviews on amazon.com and they were both negative. :(

I'm hoping someone here will say you love your Rally Twin.

I might consider the Maclaren Twin Traveller, but it's so much heavier at 32 lbs. I like the plush seats, head support, and parent organizer cup holder, but I *think* I prefer a lighter stroller. I'm trying to decide here and I'm getting so impatient!

Anyone own a 2005 Rally Twin? How do you like it?

Thanks.

ELTAZ
06-03-2005, 02:08 AM
I just test-drove this at BRU with my toddler (with thoughts of my soon-to-come newborn as well sitting next to her). It was hard to stear. Not as hard to stear as the two tandem strollers I tried (Jeep & Graco). But the Peg Perego Twin Aria was FAR easier to stear than the Maclaren Rally Twin. I was surprised. Oh, and the Peg Perego had a better basket underneath too.

-Elizabeth