PDA

View Full Version : How long will a toddler sit in a stroller for?

MartiesMom2B
06-14-2005, 11:46 AM
So you think 4 year olds still go in strollers? I'm thinking if we were to get pregnant sometime next year would I have to get a double stroller? I figure I could tote Martie in a stroller now and carry an infant, but I wouldn't want to buy a double stroller for only 6 months - a year. What do you think?

-Sonia
Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie

sugarsnappea
06-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Sonia,

JG will sit in the double stroller, but would rather not. She is quite happy doing it for power walks around the neighborhood. But, at the mall she hates it. I have just recently allowed her out of the back of the shopping cart. That alone stresses me out. I can't imagine letting her loose in the mall. :) Does Martie ride in a stroller a lot now? If she does, I would go for the double.

muskiesusan
06-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Nick is 3.5 and will still ride in the double stroller. Sometimesit's b/c I need to contain him, other times b/c he wants to do whatever Alex is doing. I have been toying with the idea of selling ours, though, as we mainly use the ones with the toddler boards (we just got a Zippy, were using the Pliko).

I didn't get the stroller until Alex was 4 months or so. I wanted to see where Nick was stroller wise. I then found I needed it as he ran away from me in the store a few times and we needed it for walks around the neighborhood.

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

pamela mom of 3
06-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Depends really, now if i go back to my girls yes at 4yrs they would use a stroller but i think alot of that had to do with the fact their was a "baby" who did.

My almost 4.5yo is sorta so-so on strollers...he isn't against them but truely would only need one for a long trip..he's quite happy to walk around with his sisters otherwise now.

If your really worried you won't use a dble long you could try some of the toddlerseat options out there by valco, phil and teds etc or buggy/kiddy options.

~Pamela mom to the trio of trouble
2 girls, 9 & 6.5yrs and one boy almost 4.5yrs

ctmom
06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
I would wait and see how #1 is doing before investing in a double. My dd#1 was just shy of 3 yo when I had dd#2 and we didn't need a double. For the first couple months I would either have #2 in a carrier and #1 in a stroller or if I was with dh, #2 would be in snap and go, or carrier, and #1 in stroller. Within a few months #1 started to think the stroller was for babies and so by the time #2 was getting too big for the carrier and/or snap and go, #1 was out of the stroller.