PDA

View Full Version : Tricyle advice!

krisgus1
07-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Hello! DS turns 2 at the end of the month & we are looking to buy a tricyle for him for his birthday! I love the Kettler trikes...but I'm not sure we can afford that. So far, we haven't been able to lay hands on a used one, so we've been researching online and visiting TRU. OVERWHELMING! Anyone have any suggestions on ones they've been happy with? The features that the Kettrikes have that we like are the steering bar and higher-backed seatS--but we are open to any all suggestions!

Thanks so much!
Kris
Mom to Matthew 7-29-03

mmaimp
07-11-2005, 10:33 AM
We have a Jumbo Kettler and really like it! I looked at Toy"R"Us on line and the only trikes that have the best reviews are the Kettlers. My neighbor has a Radio Flyer Trike with the stroller style push bar and they have had to get it replaced because the wire that controls the steering broke. Their second one seems to be holding up ok.

If you decide to go with a Kettler I think One Step Ahead has a pretty good package and you can get 15% off with the code AMERBABY or BDAYJULY.

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27186/292755/117.html

Good Luck in your search,

Hallie_D
07-11-2005, 12:44 PM
We have a Kiddio which we love, but it was given to us by a neighbor. Her daughter is nine, so it must be 6 or 7 years old--but still in perfect condition. DS#1 rode it hard for a year before outgrowing it (not in size, but in readyness for a two-wheeler, which he received for his 3rd birthday) and we will save it for #2.

I tried to find that Kiddio everywhere because my mom wanted to buy a trike for him to keep at her house in another state, but I never could find it online. It isn't the supertrike, it is a smaller model, which was perfect because DS#1 is very petite.

Do you live near a consignment shop? Maybe you could find a gently used trike?