PDA

View Full Version : lightweight stroller for travel

momofjoshuanlogan
02-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Looking for a quality stroller for travel with a 4yo. I need something, lightweight, that reclines and has good wheels. I think I have ruled out combis and am now considering a mac or peg perego p3 or pliko lite. Please help, I have not bought a stroller in years. I currently use a mbud for almost everything and a travel combi that is falling apart( and was only used sparingly in the first place.
Thank You,
Susan

barbarak
03-01-2007, 10:55 AM
I was going through the same thing for my 3 1/2 year old, with only a battered Pliko P3 to use and a cheapo umbrella that bit the dust. I did a ton of research and was very torn between the Inglesina Swift, which people just rave about, and the Maclaren line. I ended up buying a Maclaren Quest because we are trying for another child. Hopefully that won't jinx us.

You can get the swift for about $99 tax and shipping on buybuybaby. I went with the Quest because of the weight limit and DD seemed more comfy in it (she's tall). Given that it comes with a raincover, the cost difference was about $20 in the end. (You need to buy a raincover for the Swift). I paid about $149 for my Quest.

The volo seemed like an OK option, but no recline and really, for the price of the Volo, you can get a Swift which offers much, much more

It hasn't arrived yet, nor has the bill, so I'm hoping I don't have buyer's remorse. I'll review it when I get it. Then I'll deal with DH!