PDA

View Full Version : Oops - toddler too tall for MacClaren twin!

jennifer_d
05-04-2006, 02:51 PM
DS just turned 2, DD just turned 6 months.

I confess I didn't really do much research re: double strollers. I knew I wanted a side by side. I love my son's MacClaren umbrella (the Quest, I think) and having seen many many MacClaren doubles around assumed I would be happy with that.

My husband picked it up last week. I put my tall (36") toddler in and saw that his head is taller than the back of the stroller! The backs on the double are shorter than on his umbrella. And his legs are already sorta scrunched to get his feet on the footrest.

Can anyone give me guidance as to what brand/model I CAN look for that might work for a tall just-turned-two-year-old? Obviously he's only going to keep growing...

I really need to be able to use it in the mall etc - so something light and manageable and with small wheels is desirable. I want to be able to walk with them outside, too - but I'm willing to put more emphasis on being indoor-friendly [and taking my chacnes with longevity by using it outside]. Price isn't my major concern.

THANKS!!!

Florida Mom
05-05-2006, 06:46 AM
My son was 37" tall when he turned two. And then my daughter was born a month later. The Peg Perego Aria Twin was the only side by side that he really could fit in. At about 3 he stopped riding in a stroller, but he still take sth eoccasional ride on the back of my P3. HTH