PDA

View Full Version : Bike Trailer?

leslieu
05-17-2006, 01:24 AM
Any advice or recommendations on what brand/model of bike trailer to look for? Also are there any features that I should look for?

BBB recommends Burley, which seems a little pricey to me.

Looking to use bike trailer w/ 27 month DS on family rides.

Thanks,
Leslie

Bearhut
05-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Hi,

We have the one from LLBean and have been really happy with it.

hudsonam
05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
I just ordered a Chariot Cougar from www.reioutlet.com on sale. They are pricey, but we wanted a jogging stroller too, and the Chariots can convert to many different things. The sale brought it down to a price that couldn't be beat if we tried to purchase a separate trailer and jogger. Unfortunately only the single rider Cougars are on sale (Cougar I), so I don't know if you need the two passenger model, but I can't wait to get ours. The reviews are all great. The web site is www.chariotcarriers.com. HTH!

Edvard
05-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Burleys are probably the nicest trailers out there. The D'lite is the only bike trailer I know of that reclines and grocery shopping with my son is a snap, we can fit about 3 grocery bags in the back storage area! What I was told by a local bike shop was that if I want the best bike trailer get a Burley, but they told me if I like to jog the Chariot Cougar is a better one for that. They said that the options on the chariot are nicer, but for simply biking that the Burley D'lite would be the best quality and bang for the buck.

I Suppose the other question would be how much you would actually use the bike trailer? I have freinds of the family that bought a Burley Solo and they may use it once a month and only in the summer. I figure if that's the case, get something less expensive like a Schwinn.

sdjeppa
05-21-2006, 11:57 PM
We have a burley solo and love it. Goes together easily, DS is really comfy, and we are just waiting right now for the jogging attachment to come in the mail...

The Chariots are really nice, too, but they didn't have the storage the Burley has.

One good thing about Burley/Chariot is they retain their value very well - you can re-sell them for almost full price, even after a few years.