PDA

View Full Version : Phil and Ted's Stroller

jacolis
06-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi all,

We are expecting #2 in November and our DD will be just over 2 yo.

I saw this neat looking stroller where the toddler can sort of sit underneath in the basket.

Just wondering if anyone else has this stroller and can offer any opinions.

Some of those double strollers just seem way too unwieldy!

mykidsmom
06-12-2006, 11:10 PM
I also am expecting #2 in Nov and my dd will have just turned 2 a few weeks before. I just ordered this stroller after only hearing great things about it. You will find a lot more info on it if you post on the regular Baby Bargains message boards (instead of Toddler Bargains) in the stroller section. They get a lot more traffic and if you do a search you will find a bunch of posts about this stroller.

zoestargrove
06-14-2006, 05:13 PM
I can't say enough nice things about Phil and Ted's e3. I wasn't sure it was possible, but it has served as my one and ONLY stroller for 18 months. I bought it when my second son was born and my oldest was 17 months. I love its versatility. It maneuvers perfectly, over grass, along woodsy trails, sand, snow and is small enough to fit though crowded aisles when you are shopping. I could get through the doors much easier than my friends who were pushing Macs

Check out the stroller boards in BBB. There are many posts about this stroller.

As for accessories, I bought the storm cover - and its been used a handful of times when we've been out in the rain. It snaps onto the stroller to fit snug and perfectly.

I also bought the sun and bug screen, but haven't used it much at all.

The drink holder accessory is a must have. It has 2 drink holders and a zippered compartment for your keys or wallet.
http://joggingstroller.com/Jogging-Stroller-Handlebar-Console.pro

The storage basket is pretty small. I'm not one to pack alot of stuff, so it's been fine so far, but now that my youngest is bigger...the basket area is where his legs and feet go...so, it's virtually useless as a storage area. You can get saddle bags and I've read good reviews from people who bought those.

These days, my 3 year old is preferring to walk more, but its nice to still have the option of a second seat for the times he gets tired or become uncooperative and I need to make a quick exit from someplace...and as he grows older...we'll continue to use the stroller as a single until number 2 outgrows it.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Kelly

mykidsmom
06-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Kelly,
If you don't use your sun cover and want to sell it, let me know :)

Also do you prefer your console over the BOB console which can also fit with the P&T e3?

Thanks!

zoestargrove
06-20-2006, 09:58 AM
the console I have is the Bob's console. It has 2 cup holders and a generous zipped pouch for wallet or keys. It's been great. The suncover is packed away somewhere...let me rummage through a few boxes and see if I can find it.

Kelly

ListerBoo
08-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Kelly,

Does this stroller accept an infant carseat? I still have the Graco Snugride I bought 2 years ago for my first daughter. Or, do you remove the new baby from her carseat to use this stroller?
-meryl