PDA

View Full Version : which buggy board for Valco Runabout 05

birdsmama2003
06-20-2006, 10:31 AM
I am looking for a ride on for my toddler who no longer fits in the toddler seat of my valco runabout 2005. I tried to order the valco hitch-hiker because it is a valco and I felt it might be easier. Seems like they are all sold out. So I was directed by a shop owner to buy the (more expensive) Buggy Board 3G.

Has anyone ever used these products and can offer some feedback as to how the work for their needs/children.

*I am only 5'2" and am concerned that the bugggy board (either brand) might put the child too far back into my stride and I won't be able to reach the peddles. Since I have never seem either model on a stroller I wouldlove some input.

Thanks,
Amy

2boysmom
07-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Sorry I can't recommend a ride on, but I was wondering how big your toddler was to no longer fit in the toddler seat of the Valco Runabout. I am trying to buy the twin version of this stroller, and it would be nice to have an idea how long my babies will fit in it. (Hey, just in case you don't like the ride-on options, if you have the twin runabout, I'll buy yours for a very good price.) Well, I know that's not what you want, so good luck finding something that will work out.
-Lynn

dscollier3
03-03-2007, 01:32 AM
I used the Hitchhiker on my 05 Runabout. It worked perfectly. The board is tall enough that your feet can swing under it when you walk. No need to shorten your stride, just be aware of where the board is so you don't kick it. It's plenty wide for comfortable walking though IMO. The 3G board would work just as well. The connection pieces are a little bit more of a pain to initially install, but taking the board on and off as needed is just as easy as the Hitchhiker. And yes, the 3G is more expensive, but it will fit more strollers down the road if you wanted to use it on another one, and it rolls a tad smoother than the Hitchhiker does. They seem to be about the same size in general though.

To the other poster who wanted to know how long a toddler will fit in the Valco toddler seat, my DS used the seat until he was 40 lbs. By then he was 5yo and we only let him use it for all day outings. It worked great until he hit 40 lbs though. By then we could feel his weight more than was comfortable for steering.

HTH, Sharon