PDA

View Full Version : anyone have the Joovy Caboose for infant and toddler use?

mtnbaby
01-07-2007, 02:15 PM
I have a 3 year old who doesn't often ride in a stroller and another baby on the way...thinking abot Joovy Caboose for baby and occassionally the toddler when she wants to ride too (may not be often??).

What are your experiences with this stroller? thank you!

I will also post this in the Baby Baragins section...

catgirlsmom
01-11-2007, 06:17 AM
I have the Joovy for my two kids. It has served its purpose quite well, and I do recommend it... especially for times when you're doing a lot of walking and you don't think your 3 year old will be able to keep up (or is just tired, and you're tired of hearing the whining).

There are a few things I don't like about the stroller.
1. The seat does not recline very far. So, when my baby outgrew his infant seat, which happened very early (at 3-4 months), the seat didn't work very well for him. Of course, now at 7 months old, he can sit well without reclining.
2. There are no cupholders. Not a major problem... I just end up toting more things in the basket under the stroller.
3. It's pretty heavy. It's hard to find a double stroller that's not heavy. I have a bad back, though, so weight is definitely an issue.
4. It's big. I thought I might use it for plane travel, but I worry that we won't be able to fit all our luggage and this stroller in the vehicle at the other end. I now travel with our Metrolite and let the 3 year old walk (no big deal). Or, if we have a tight connection, I put the baby in the Baby Bjorn and put the 3 year old in the stroller.
5. The bench seat can't be used very well when the seat is reclined. My three year old usually stands when the seat is reclined.

I still recommend the stroller despite these problems. But you might want to take a closer look at the other Sit and stand strollers on the market, too. I personally went with the Joovy because I preferred the styling of it over the other models that I encountered.

hedyl1234
06-22-2007, 10:03 PM
i have the 2007 model, the joovy caboose ultralight, since May. it's been good so far. i have 2 girls, 10 month old and almost 3.5 y.o. they're both petite. my 3.5 y.o. doesn't always ride, but she fits on the back pretty well with the baby in front, and she likes sitting or standing in the back equally well. the stroller doesn't seem as tank-like as the doubles are, and it is pretty easy to steer. it seemed smaller than sit n' stands i've tried before.

yeah, it's heavier than my 2004 p3, but it's not too bad. i do wish the front seat either recliner a bit more and/or was a bit more plush so that when the baby sleeps she has more support. i mostly use it for going to the mall and going on day trips, not for quick errands otherwise i use my p3 and the older one walks. it was really good at the park today and at the shore a few weekends ago. we'll test it out at Sesame Place this weekend...
hope that helps!