PDA

View Full Version : Which bike trailers won't tip over if your bike falls down?

helaina
04-24-2007, 02:35 PM
I recently saw an unattended bike fall down in the wind but the attached trailer remained standing. Is this a feature of all trailers or just that brand (whatever it was)? I'd like to buy a high-end trailer (like a Burley or a Chariot) but I'm having trouble finding out if either has this feature. What is this feature called?

Thank you in advance,
Helaina

noglesby08
05-05-2007, 12:45 AM
I was in the market for a bike trailer a few months ago. The feature you're looking for is the "Flexible elastomer hitch". This is the part that you secure on your bike, and the trailer hooks into this hitch. This hitch is flexible, so if the bike falls, the trailer stays upright. I highly recommend that you check out the Wike Bicycle trailer (wicycle.com) and the Burleys. For the money, value, and customer service, get the Wike. It outshines and outperforms the Burley anyday. It's also much cheaper. The Chariots sometimes fell over when the bike fell in some reviews. Hope this helps!

birdsmama2003
05-06-2007, 09:05 AM
We have had a Scwhinn for over 3 years now. Used for both a double stroller and bike trailer. And it has been used a lot! Never have had any issues with it tipping over. In fact I can hardly imagine any newer models of any make tipping over.

If you are looking for a bike trailer/stroller/jogger or more options look at the chariot for the add on features. If you are just looking for a bike trailer with the occasional need for a stroller(swivel) wheel save your money and buy the schwinn or in step brands.