PDA

View Full Version : Wagons-Little Tykes or Step 2??

MI_MOM
09-25-2002, 01:00 PM
Hi,

For my daughter's upcoming 1st birthday, we decided to buy her a wagon. I am considering 2 models: Little Tykes Explorer Wagon & Step 2 Wagon for 2 Plus. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ct
09-30-2002, 01:14 PM
We have the Step 2 wagon and love it. We've had it for over 2 years and it has held up very well. I've never seen the Little Tykes wagon, but generally I think the Step 2 products seem sturdier than Little Tykes (I have compared their sandboxes and picnic tables before). Also, I like that the Step 2 wagon can have the trailer added on (we haven't bought it yet, but will since #2 is on the way and we'll eventually need the extra space for carting stuff). I'd would just go to TRU and compare the two - tote them around the store a bit and check the plastic to see which is sturdier. Best of luck to you....

ct

elaine_l
10-08-2002, 05:29 PM
At Toys-R-Us, you can try them out yourself, even put her in them, see what she likes.

(My daughter loves going and trying out EVERY TOY in the ride-on section at TRU. I think for her it's like going to Disneyland.)

Of course, a wagon this size will be something you pull her around in. Just a suggestion - my daughter has a small wagon that comes filled with Mega-Blocks - and she LOVES LOVES LOVES to put her animals and assorted stuff in it and pull them around. She will literally do this, back and forth, for at least 30 minutes at a time. I think they retail for $10 (including the blocks) at Target, and you might want to get this for her in addition, or until she's a little bigger.

MI_MOM
10-11-2002, 07:05 AM
Good point about the Mega Blocks wagon. A little boy in our baby group has it & really likes it. We decided to wait until Christmas or the spring to buy our 1 yr old a big wagon because I feel like it would be more for mom & dad's convenience than a gift for her! ha.ha. Thanks again!