PDA

View Full Version : My First LeapPad versus the regular LeapPad: what do you think?

MarinaTwinMom
10-16-2002, 12:16 AM
Our local Costco has started to get Christmas toys in, and one of the toys they have this year is the LeapPad. We'd like to get a couple of LeapPads for our twins (who will be about 2 1/2 at Christmastime, but have already learned most of the alphabet and are ready to learn things like numbers, shapes, and ... maybe ... how to read very simple words).

Here's our dilemma: should we get a My First LeapPad or go straight to the regular LeapPad?

I've read reviews on Amazon.com, and it sounds like the regular LeapPad is more durable and has many more books available. However, it's recommended for ages 4 and up (though they do have some pre-reader books that are for kids up to age 5). Some of the reviewers gave the regular LeapPad good reviews for younger kids, though, saying it could be used with 2-year-olds.

If you have either or both of these, what's your opinion? Do you like them, and would you recommend them for a 2 1/2-year-old?

juliesul
01-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Which did you end up purchasing for Christmas--and do you like it? If you didn't buy it yet, I'd probably recommend My First Leap Pad given your children's ages. I just bought it for my son, who will be 4 in January, but think I will return it for the regular one. A friend whose child is nearly 4 says its fine for her daughter.

If you get a chance, I'd love the hear your thoughts. I can also let you know at the end of the month how we're doing w/ Leap Pad.

Good luck with your twins--I have 20-month-old girls!