PDA

View Full Version : Little People Farm or Home Sweet Home?

nicole
10-29-2002, 03:29 AM
I am trying to decide whether to buy my 20 month old daughter the Little People Farm or Home Sweet Home dollhouse. They are both are on sale this week at Target ($22). I like the zoo because it's gender nuetral but then she is fascinated with dolls. I am wondering if one would be more interesting and what one she may play with longer. Any input on pros/cons would be appreciated!

megsmom
11-01-2002, 03:08 PM
I am about to head to Target this afternoon to buy the Farm. My dd loves books and videos about animals and is always running about mimicking their sounds. We already have the school bus and zoo train that we got as gifts and she plays with them everyday. I think I may eventually get her the dollhouse too, but as of yet she's no so much into dolls. I thought it would be nice when she would be a bit older and into pretending more.

Either way you go, your little one will likely have fun as all of the Little People toys are great!

Jen
mom to Meghan
born 7/13/01

suzska
11-02-2002, 01:34 PM
I bought the farm for my son for Christmas (so we haven't played with it yet). It comes with the farmer and a number of animals. There are also little sets (for under $10?) that come with more people/animals/farm vehicles. I've also gotten him 3 of the 4 of these (I haven't been able to find the one with the extra horses). What I think is neat about these is the fence sections from all of them can be hooked together to "fence in" the farm.

I think the House is cute, too, but haven't been able to bring myself to get it for him yet (I wish there wasn't all that "pink" trim so that it would be more gender neutral, but I'm sure he wouldn't notice). But I did buy one of the little sets that goes with the House that has a tricycle, wagon, and bench. I also like the little Garden House that goes with these. Again, you can hook all the fence pieces together to have a fence around the house.

I love all the Little People stuff and can't wait for Christmas! A local department store was going out of business, so we were able to get a TON of the little sets for cheap. Evan is going to have a bunch of people and vehicles if nothing else. I also signed up at Fisher Price's site (I think it's the Little People Club or "1st Birthday" promotion, but I signed up well after Evan's 1st Birthday) and they've sent me 3 Little People coupons and a free video!

riostoker
11-12-2002, 09:32 PM
definitely go for the farm! Each animal (cow, horse, pig, sheep, and chicken) has a button that you push to make that animal's sound. Toddlers love to make animal sounds, and those are some of the first ones they learn. The farm is really great. My 14 month old loves it. She plays with it a LOT more than the Little People bus she has.

When I asked 5 different friends what would be a good 1st b-day present, each person gave me 2-3 suggestions, but the farm was one of the suggestions from every single one of them! Wow!!

Roni
04-26-2003, 04:50 PM
FYI: I just heard on the news that there was a recall on the farm. I think it has to do w/ the screws that hold it together, & Fisher Price will send you replacement parts for it.

BTW, my DD loves all of her Little People & accessories (as did I as a child), although our house is being overrun with them!