PDA

View Full Version : train software for toddler

elf
04-11-2003, 03:49 PM
My daughter is totally immersed in a train phase. She comes by it honestly as a third generation railfan. :)

She keeps wanting to play with a train on the computer. The closest one we have is the Green Eggs and Ham CD, which doesn't quite do it. She wants to see the train chugging and moving - so a puzzle picture of a train or coloring pages isn't quite what we're after.

Can anyone suggest a CD, or even an online game, that has what I'm looking for? It's OK if the train is part of a larger package.

Grandpa set up an LGB layout while we were visiting recently. She loaded her MegaBlocks into the cars and then sat on the couch and watched it go around and around with the toy binoculars she got from Wild Animal Baby magazine. :D

Carolyn GG
04-19-2004, 04:35 PM
We have the Thomas & Friends 'The Great Festival Adventure' software game and our 4 y.o. daughter loves it. There are a variety of activities with different levels of difficulty and it is very well explained and easy for her to use. You get to clean the engines, help them load rocks, etc... Lots of moving trains so she should love it. Hope this helps.

christic
04-19-2004, 10:29 PM
My husband and daughter can sit for quite a while watching train video clips on this website:

http://www.greenfrog.com/greenfrog/html/audvid.html

They're just little previews of videos you can buy from them. Alice's favorite is the Canadian National :).

Momof3Labs
04-21-2004, 10:16 PM
Colin has the railroad in his blood, too (second, third and fourth generation) and loves trains. He just loves the Thomas videos - they are actually model train sets (built to be pretty realistic) so lots of scenes with trains chugging around!

ETA: These are videos and not computer games, but you could probably play a DVD on your computer.