PDA

View Full Version : Gift for a 3-year old??

TLC1994
06-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Hello - we're going to visit some friends of ours that we only see about once a year and they have a little boy who just turned 3. I'd like to bring him a little something and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I just need to keep it inexpensive (preferably under $10 or so). I was looking at the Fisher Price website and thought these looked kind of neat ~ any thoughts?

1) Learning Sensations Number Flash Cards
2) Magna Doodle (OR) Magna Doodle Talker
3) View Master

Or you if you have any other ideas I'm definitely open to suggestions! Thanks so much!!

sarsah
06-29-2003, 09:08 PM
My DS just turned 3 years oild and from your list, I would suggest the Magna Doodle. My DS has one and plays with it quite a bit. I think the View Master reels are just a little too 'fragile' for a 3 year old boy, at least I think they are for my DS.

Outside of your list, I would suggest matchbox/hotwheels cars. My DS plays with his all the time.

Sarah.....Jason & Devin's Mommie

mom2kandj
06-30-2003, 02:38 AM
We love our Travel Magna Doodle! The string is attached to the unit and it goes everywhere with us!(church, to the grocery store, on road trips!) For inexpensive kids' gifts, we always look at Costco! They have a good book section and toddler software section with lots of stuff under $15. If I can't find exactly what I'm looking for, I end up at Costco and am rarely disappointed! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (31 months)
& Jack (14 months)

debby
06-30-2003, 04:53 PM
The Magna Doodle, definitely. Die-cast "Take Along Thomas" train pieces are always a hit with my boys.