PDA

View Full Version : Toy review

gravymommy3
08-11-2003, 10:56 AM
Note: This is also posted over in the Baby Bargains Lounge:

I was going to post this Friday night but our power went out and the review I had written went "Poof!"
Our household received Phonics Tiles by Neurosmith to test. This product is for ages 3+. My 3 yo shows some interest in it but mainly my 5 yo is the one putting it through its paces.

This product consists of 26 tiles that correspond to the letters of the alphabet. The top of the product has spaces to dock the tiles to spell words or explore the sounds that the letters make.

There are four different modes of play, so younger kids can use it to learn the names of letters and the sounds they make and older ones can use it learn to sound out words and spell. There are even songs to help the child learn to spell.

This has seemed to help Grayson sound out words and she is definitely gettting better with vowels. Avery is also improving his letter recognition.

The only complaint about this toy (and this might just be an issue in my chaotic house) is that the tiles are very easy to misplace. We lost two right off the bat but I contacted Neurosmith and they happily sent replacements.

Here is the link: http://www.neurosmith.com/pd_ptiles.php

Thank you Alan and Denise for this opportunity!!