PDA

View Full Version : Fisher-Price GEOTRAX Train sets

elf
09-29-2003, 01:10 PM
My daughter just got the geotrax train starter set for her birthday, and it's a HUGE hit. We love trains, but her father and I can't stand the whole concept of faces on the front of engines, so we've been somewhat at a loss for a good train toy.

This is it. The box is completely stuffed with, well, stuff - track, accessories like a gantry, a pipe works, and a coal hopper. The track goes together easily and sturdily. The train can either be pushed or run via its remote control. There's a hill and a bridge included - the train climbs up the hill and rolls quickly down the other side, making my daughter shriek with delight (okay, maybe this isn't a feature! ;) )

You can use the accessories to load and unload cargo from the trains.

The set is a really good value, too - while of course you can buy more trains and more accessories, there is quite a lot included in the starter set - enough to keep you going for some time.

The trains are a little ugly, and the noise is noisy (but you can turn it off). Clearly a lot of thought went into the total design of this toy, and it really paid off.