PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouses for 2 1/2 year old?

jayhjay
10-01-2003, 01:35 PM
I am looking for suggestions for a next dollhouse for my DD. She has the Little People starter one (I think it is called happy home or home sweet home or something). It is her absolute favorite toy, but I am thinking she is ready for something a bit more sophisticated (more moving parts, more furniture, people that move). I don't want anything too advanced b/c she is still little, but I think she is ready for something a step up.

Anyone have any suggestions?

SeekerMage
10-09-2003, 01:12 AM
I would stick with the fisher price doll house....they have the new loving family line of toys that is great. I dont know what the house looks like but I know they have a lot of neat accessories you can get from cars, to horses to doll strollers etc So there are plenty of future gift ideas to add and extent your set. I would love to get it for Angela but we dont have the room and she has another set already.

We have the Loving Family Sweet Streets sets. The people and houses are a lot smaller and compact then the Loving Family (note the difference), some even have handles on them to carry. THere are several, we have a few houses, a hotel, candy shop and pet shop etc...and you can send away for the play mat that is a street that you can line all the houses up on. They keep adding to the line, I know they now have a carnival set with a ferris wheel and other things. What I like about them is they are simple and complex at the same time. The people move, they have different family types, some have animals....and there is bits of furniture, but not too much. If Im not mistaken when I was at Target? Sears...I dunno one of the stores they had a whole set of the houses four about 25/50$ I dont recall but it was one or two houses, the candy shop and dance studio, the icecream truck, and I think hotel, all packaged together which is a really good deal. I wish I could remember more, all I know is it is a really nice set of toys. Oh...and we got the toys starting when Angela was two and a half...she is now three and a half and still loves them!

The other option that you have is getting her a set more along the lines of the Brio toys....all wooden with wooden furniture, wooden people...and lots of imagination. I think the sets are cute and would get a lot of play, but personally the fisher price ones are just soo cute! Especially when they have cars like the volkswagon beetle, little mini versions of their own line of fisher price toys, and things that possible even make noise or move etc. Its more a personal decision though. Hope this helps some!