PDA

View Full Version : Wagon??

MI_MOM2
10-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Hi,

I would like to purchase a wagon for my dd (just turned 2), I would love to hear the pros & cons of the wagons everyone already owns. I am looking at L.Tikes, R.Flyer & Step 1. I really don't want to spend over $100 on the ATV wheeled wagons. Thanks so much for your help!

Melanie
11-03-2003, 03:49 AM
We have an ATW wood-sided wagon which we love. Dh got it at Harbor Freight tools for $60:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=32826

I will say the wood isn't all nice and smooth like a Radio Flyer might be, it's not terrible or splintery, just in need of a quick sanding. It is the same size as one of the Radio Flyer ones so I got the RF pad off of eBay and then flipped it over so it's just red.

If the name is important to you, Wal-Mart carries the Radio Flyer ATW for $89.

Ds got his when he was 18mo and he loves to be pulled in it, or to pull it on his own (a little bit).

brigmaman
11-04-2003, 09:57 PM
We have the green Step 2 wagon that ds' grandparents gave him for Christmas last year. He got it when he was 5 months and started using it once he could sit on his own. It has two seats and a space in the middle for feet. When ds was small we put him in the foot area so he wouldn't fall over and pulled him around. He loves his wagon. This summer, once he turned one, he started to climb in and out himself. It has a door that is easy to open if left unlocked, but it does lock once shut for safety.
Ds' favorite part about the wagon is that one of the seats opens up and there is a storage space. All sorts of things end up in there. (Like the stuffed bear we found after a weekend of rain!) Speaking of rain, we have left the wagon outside all summer and it is not full of water like some other molded plastic toys.
I am not sure what the technical weight limit is on this wagon, but I have climbed in with ds before and my nephew pulled both of us! I also like that there is a little attachment that we can buy to hook up to the back of the wagon. All in all, we love our Step 2.

KUvsOU
11-10-2003, 03:13 PM
I agree with Trish about the Step 2 wagon. My mom bought our wagon at a garage sale and many of the people in my neighborhood have this wagon. My neighbors next door have three kids and it appears to be hold up very well considering all the use. We love our Step 2 wagon as well. :)

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02