PDA

View Full Version : boy baby dolls

daisy
11-02-2003, 04:06 PM
My son is about to turn 2 and I am looking for birthday and Christmas gifts for him. In addition to the building and transportation toys, I was hoping to find him a boy baby doll that has clothes, diaper, bottle, etc. I bought him a cloth one last year and he likes it, but it has its limitations in terms of "imitate mommy and daddy" play because you can't give it a bottle or change a diaper. I've looked at TRU and FAO with no luck. Any ideas?

lmintzer
11-02-2003, 11:44 PM
You may want to try on line. A company called Zapf makes wonderful, realistic-looking baby dolls. Some of them are just for cuddling and playing with whereas others are very baby-like: they cry, they wet, they "eat", etc. Check out www.zapf-creation.com for options. Unfortunately, many of the dolls look like girl dolls. We were able to find one that looks more male (wearing blue clothes, etc.). You can always buy a doll wearing pink and find a separate set of clothes to make it look more male. We wanted a male-looking doll because our toddler is going to be a big brother to a baby boy. You can purchase a selection of the Zapf dolls directly through their online store, or you can search for retailers that carry these dolls.

HTH a little.

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01
& Little brother-to-be, e.d., 12/15/03

Melanie
11-03-2003, 03:45 AM
There's a few at TRU that are boys and comes with a disposable diaper and some with a bottle. Some styles don't have the bottle-mouth, but some do. There's actually some which are anatomically correct, but I don't know that they had them at TRU, maybe just online. Zapf was one brand and another is Lee Middleton.