PDA

View Full Version : Magazines?

egoldber
01-25-2004, 01:09 PM
So Sarah gets a "magazine" each month called Wild Animal Baby:

http://www.nwf.org/kidzone/kzPage.cfm?siteId=1&departmentId=167

She loves it, and I'd like to get another one too. I was thinking about either Babybug/Ladybug. Thoughts on which would be better for her? Babybug is for 6 mos - 2 yrs and Ladybug is for ages 2-7.

Any other recommendations for older toddlers?

Thanks!

muskiesusan
01-25-2004, 04:33 PM
No advice, but Nick also gets Wild Animal Baby and loves it. Just this morning he was reading his lastest copy as I was reading a magazine, it was so cute!!!

Susan
Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

egoldber
01-25-2004, 08:48 PM
LOL! Sarah just got her new too. But I usually "save" them for a restaurant or something to get maximum value! :) My sister got DD her first subscription and I have to say it was one of the best gifts we have ever received.

lisams
01-27-2004, 02:10 AM
We have BabyBug and Wild Animal Baby, and I would say they are very similar as far as level, so if she likes Wild Animal then I think BabyBug would be perfect. If it's not, you can call them and they'll switch you over to Ladybug. We love both magazines - the short stories are perfect and they always seem to be about something DD can relate to.

HTH!
Lisa

shishamo
02-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi Beth,

We used to get babybug and now we subscribe to ladybug. It's fantastic!! I think Sarah would do great with the ladybug magazine. The length of the stories varies quite a bit from very short (to be read independently by the child as he/she gets older) to moderately long (to be read by the caretaker), and she may not be ready for the longest ones but she would be definitely happy with the shroter ones. My kids also love the short cartoons in there.

polkadot14
03-02-2004, 11:51 AM
my son is 21 months old and has been getting babybug magazine for about 6 months and he loves them! i'd forgotten the age range until i saw your post - i suppose we should be thinking about switching him to ladybug before too long.

another question for those of you familiar with babybug - has anyone seen any of the 'noodlebug' video/dvds that they advertise in the magazine? i've checked with my local library, and they don't have any copies. just wondered...

kelly

Kimberly H
03-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks to the recommendations here, I picked up a copy of Babybug to put in Mia's Easter basket. I think she'll enjoy it - I did! If she does like it, it's subscription time.