PDA

View Full Version : Where to find felt "sets" for a felt playboard?

em_jon98
02-20-2004, 01:14 AM
I'm going to make a felt board for Lindsey since she is really getting into interactive and pretend play. But, I'm having a hard time finding any felt people or objects to go on the felt board and don't feel qualified to make something that small and detailed. They have sets at her daycare for songs and such, but she will not be back at daycare for at least another three weeks or so. I'd like to get her some to have at home for something to do for a positive redirect from climing on the end tables and trying to figure out how lamps work.

Any ideas on where to look?

sugarsnappea
02-20-2004, 02:49 PM
We used to buy ours at Zany Brainy. The brand is called Felt Kids by Learning Curve Int.. There are quite a few different themed sets. I bet you can find some online. :)

nigele
02-20-2004, 03:08 PM
I just saw a bunch of felt story boards and characters at my local school supply store.

egoldber
02-20-2004, 03:27 PM
School supply stores and on-line school supply places, like www.discountschoolsupply.com , probably have them. Also I think I may have seen them in the Back to Basics Toys catalogs and also the Constructive Playthings catalog (www.constplay.com).

HTH,

em_jon98
02-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks everyone! The Discount School Supply site has a bunch of pieces and specific story sets.

starrynight
02-21-2004, 11:24 PM
... that hates those things?? I got my kids 2 for $20 on overstock.com last year and I hate them. The kids gave up on them also because the pieces do not stick! They might have been defective or I dunno but the kids get frustrated because they try and make a picture but the pieces fall off.

MelissaTC
02-29-2004, 09:20 PM
I recently found some of these at TJ Maxx and paid $3.99 for a zoo animals set.

lukkykatt
03-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Marshalls sometimes has them too. I got a Thomas FeltKids set there. DS loves it.

Melanie
03-15-2004, 10:09 PM
I have a set from this company and they're my favorite - they are very realistic looking instead of comical.

http://www.thestoryteller.com/