PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Toys that Make DS Spin

August Mom
02-27-2004, 12:33 PM
DS loves to spin in our office chair. What toys are out there that would allow DS to spin (preferably without our assistance)? The only thing I could think of is the Sit 'n Spin. At what age can kids really start using the Sit 'n Spin? And, can you get one without annoying music (or still operate it without batteries)?

Or, should we just stick with the office chair?

TIA

raynjen
02-29-2004, 07:42 AM
We have the sit and spin and DD has been using it sporadically since she was 18 months. It's not a favorite, but she does pull it out about once a week.

The music is terribly annoying (but most musical toys annoy me)and if you hit the button by accident (like I do whenever I move it to sweep) you can't stop it. I would pull the batteries out, but it seems to be my daughter's favorite part of the toy! I don't think that Playskool makes a non-music Sit'n'Spin anymore. From the packaging it sounds like you can turn the music on and off, but in the instructions it says "to turn off music remove batteries".

The other downsides to this toy are: it takes up a lot of room, DD loves to stand on it, and she uses the central part as a stool. The latter two led to quite a few tumbles before she figured out how to balance herself.

So, now that I have it I won't throw it out, but I wouldn't buy it again either!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

kaitlinsmommy
03-17-2004, 07:37 PM
I got dd an Original Sit & Spin at Walmart before Christmas bc I didn't want the music one either. I think it was a limited time thing but maybe they're on ebay.

I gave it to her for her 1st bday and she was too young for it (just wanted to stand on it). I'm planning to take it out again soon and see if she can get it now.