PDA

View Full Version : Bitty Success!!!

mamahill
03-29-2004, 02:01 PM
We had Ainsleigh's party Saturday night (just family) and she opened her Bitty Baby and I've got to say that just the last 36 hours have been TOTALLY worth it. She ADORES her Bitty. She also got a high chair and Bitty eats when Ainsleigh eats (and several other times throughout the day). Bitty came on a walk with us, and she watches Sesame Street with Ainsleigh. The box she came in is the perfect bed lined with one of Ainsleigh's smaller blankets. I bought just the doll - not the big set - and then hired a good friend (actually a member of these boards!!) to make some outfits. She totally outdid herself and when DH saw me trying the outfits on said, "Are these things for Ainsleigh or you?" LOL. Anyway, thank you, all, for your help. I began to worry that she wouldn't care about a bigger doll, but from the moment she opened it, they have been nearly inseparable.

Oh, and the cutest thing was that when she puts Bitty down for a nap, she rocks her and sings, "Sunshine... sunshine...away." I have sung her "You are My Sunshine" every time I put her to bed since she was born. As she rocked Bitty and sang her version of it (I hadn't heard her sing it before), my heart totally melted. I LOVE GIRLS!! :)

Kimberly H
03-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Sarah, what a joy Ainsleigh is! I'm so glad she loves Bitty and even sings to her.

Oh, and I soooo agree about girls :)

Kate888
03-31-2004, 05:52 PM
Awww...How sweet!! My heart melted just reading your post! Ainsleigh is such a sweetheart :)

I finally got to touch a Bitty Baby IRL when we visited Deb (sugersnappea) this week (thanks a lot Deb :) ). It is SO cute and cuddly. I can't wait to have one when Maya is a little older.

Thanks for sharing the story, Sarah. Yes, I love girls!! :D

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

loewymartin
04-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Yippee, yipee, yipee! I wish Alia's birthday was this weekend and not 6+ weeks away!! I'm so glad Ainsleigh loved Bitty and she's singing to her - awwww :-) I hope Alia is as excited as I am when she opens Bitty...that's my fear. Mommy will want to play with Bitty and Alia won't!

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

raynjen
04-01-2004, 08:24 PM
It's so fun when you hear them repeat your words, Noelle is always 'tucking in' her babies (and Mr. Potato head, her plastic geckos, stuffed animals, etc.) shutting her bedroom door and shushing me saying, "shhh, baby's sleeping."

Of course, you get the other end of it too... the other day baby was put into 'time out' in Noelle's time out chair. At least baby didn't get swatted or yelled at (yet)!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

edited to add:
You might notice that Noelle's baby is still called 'baby' after months of mommy (me) trying to suggest something else (I'm going for Emma, but it's not catching on). Her stuffed gecko on the other hand (we have LOTS of geckos) is named 'Fred' per a suggestion of my DH (THANKS Hon).