PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for a 4 yr old who has it all

jstevens
05-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Hi,

Need some gift ideas for a 4 yr child who has it all (daughter of a friend of ours). She is a little bit of a tomboy. I was thinking of getting her a Melissa & Doug folding dollhouse. Any suggestions would be helpful. My spending limit is $50. Thanks.

AngelaS
05-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Consumables! Fun paper, finger paint, google eyes, feathers, foam sheets, foam cutouts, markers, gel pens, glitter glue. :D You know, all the great fun arts and crafts supplies that kids LOVE and moms don't buy.... :D

egoldber
05-08-2004, 03:24 PM
I totally agree about consumables. Also, since she's a tomboy, how about more balls, bubbles, bubble toys, sidewalk chalk, etc. Target has some really cute large toys in their summer section right now: wagons, trucks, balls, etc. Also, maybe a sprinkler?

HTH,

AugBaby
05-30-2004, 01:30 AM
A nice set of wooden blocks would be great. DD has a small set, but we always need more. Well, maybe dh always needs more! Anyway, I recently was looking at some and there was one that came in a box, another in a bag and a pricey set which came in boxes that stacked into a wagon. Blocks are great for girls, and if she's a tomboy, she'll love them.

I also think your idea of the folding house is great. I've been eyeing that for awhile for dd. We have a larger dollhouse right now, but I would put the fold-up in the back of our SUV to take out and use whenever we were at someone's house (grandparents), or I have a dental appt. (no toys in the waiting room), or wherever. We currently have a wooden fold up kitchen which I think is Melissa & Doug which we use that way.