PDA

View Full Version : What have you been listening to lately?

Lucia
05-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Here are some quick thoughts on new CDs we have been listening to lately

1)Philadelphia Chickens....great mix of funny songs from Sandra Boynton. Interesting mix of performing artists on the cd, funny lyrics, and entertaining song book. My son's favorite song is the Snuggle Puppy song since we read/sing the board book together on a regular basis. I also get a kick out of the Intermission song.

2)Choo Choo Bugaloo....very catchy cajun/zydeco cd for kids. My son loves listening to this in the car. The cd is a series of songs that relate to various train stops through south Louisiana on the way to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans. This is a great cd for kids with a train interest, families with a connection to Louisiana (my family is cajun), and anyone who loves the spicy beat of zydeco music! You can listen to a few tracks on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002M6V/qid=1085140600/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6721521-3811822?v=glance&s=music

So what CDs have you been enjoying with your kids?

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

MelissaTC
05-21-2004, 04:16 PM
We have been jamming to The Best of School House Rock. I love it.

egoldber
05-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Sing with Barney...over....and over.....and over.....

raynjen
05-25-2004, 02:46 AM
Oh! I Looovvveee Philadelphia Chickens! We don't listen to it in the car as I haven't made a tape of it yet (only have a tape player in the car).

We listen to:
Veggie Tales (Backyard Party, Sunday Morning Songs, Pirates Boatload of Fun, Jonah Overboard, etc.)
Trout Fishin' in America
Raffi
Disney

Those are all the ones I have tapes made of, but I recently discovered that my daughter loves classical music (who knew?), Shania Twain (but it has to be played quietly), and Charlotte Church!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

Kimberly H
05-25-2004, 06:47 AM
_More Bear in the Big Blue House_ here! Mia swapped out her Beijing Angelic Choir lullabye CD for this one in her room and it's become her favorite.

She gets to watch _Bear_ for the last few minutes in the morning as I get her things together for school. When I first put the CD in, she started looking all over for Bear, even running out to the TV to see if it was on. The only thing that would pacify her was the CD case so she could see his picture. Now she wants the CD case when she's watching the show too.

Kids :)

darby24
05-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Raffi, Raffi and Raffi. My nephew J's favourite has to be Baby Beluga - both the album and the song. I recently bought him the Raffi Live cd and it's growing on him. He claps along with the crowd, it's cute to watch. I've bought him two more Raffi cd's for his birthday as well (Singable songs and One light one sun.) I'm sure he's going to like them.

John Lithgow is also a favourite. We have Singing in the bathtub and it's quite catchy. I can see older kids having fun as the lyrics are wacky.

And finally - Anne Murray's There's a Hippo in my tub. My sister and I had the record when we were kids so we had to get this Canadian classic. A lot slower pace, great for before naptime.

Above all though, this boy would listen to baby beluga until the cows come home.