PDA

View Full Version : Colorforms? Car toys?

hjdong
05-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Anyone have colorforms for your kids? If so, where did you get them? I was thinking of getting them for Jamie's b-day as we're going to be having a long car trip shortly after. He HATES stickers because he can't get them off of paper. He cries when he uses them.

Any other suggestions for a long (8 hours if we didn't stop, which is no longer an option) car trip and toys to keep him occupied?

Thanks

jadamom
05-29-2004, 12:36 AM
We bought our daughter Dora and Miss Weather Colorforms online from http://www.liveandlearn.com/colorforms.html . She loves them! I also saw some Colorforms at Target, I think Bob the Builder and the Wiggles. Please note that the manufacturer has a warning on the box saying "Choking hazard - small parts. Not for Children under 3 years." We always supervise her when she plays with them.

When we travel, we have lots of snacks, a Magnadoodle, Color Wonder markers, books, and reusable sticker books (Sticker Stories). We also have a portable DVD player to use as a last resort. Good luck with your travels!

Karenn
05-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Holly,
I think there may have been a thread about Colorforms on the Baby Boards a couple of weeks ago. Maybe in the "around the house" forum? When we flew to New Orleans the toys that kept Colin best entertained were the Magna Doodle, Crayons and Lift the Flap books. Our saving grace though was our video camera. I taped an of episode of Sesame Street and Colin watched it on the little screen. I don't think we would have survived the trip without it.

Momof3Labs
05-30-2004, 10:31 PM
I just found Thomas the Tank Engine colorforms at Marshall's (or was it TJ Maxx?) and bought them for an upcoming trip. They had Bob the Builder today, too. Not sure how they will go over, though. I also found a similar set but magnetic, also in Thomas, and grabbed that too to see if they would go over. Colin isn't much into coloring or scribbling, so the color magic markers and magna doodle have limited appeal for him (much to my dismay).

I also grabbed a new lift-the-flap book from TJ Maxx. It is Sesame Street, and there are lots of things to look at and lots of flaps to lift on each page. I figured that would keep us busy for a little while, too.

lisams
05-31-2004, 01:02 AM
I just got DD the Thomas the Tank Engine Colorforms at Target. DD loves them - she's really into her trains :) They also had some Sponge Bob ones.

Lisa

egoldber
05-31-2004, 10:48 AM
My Marshalls has Colorforms with Thomas, Bob the Builder, Strawberry Shortcake and Dora the Explorer right now.

My DD also likes to look at books in the car. I prefer the paperbook books that are wround $3 or so.

HTH,

nigele
05-31-2004, 01:52 PM
My friend found Wiggles Colorforms at Target. Oh, a tip for stickers is to remove the extra sticker paper that surrounds all of the stickers before you give your child the sheet - it makes it easier for them to get the sticker off. HTH!